In this initial phase, we are relying on a very small community of users to help us testing the tool before opening to the community. Thus, to use the plugin, the e-mail of users must be registered. We have already registered one e-mail address for each of the initial testers. If you want or change it, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Posted in How To
1) Access Google Scholar using the browser in which you installed the plugin.
2) In the search bar, type some query and submit it. Any query will do. It is just to bring the GS answer’s page, which is the target to the Live SHINE plugin.
3) When the answer page is loaded, click on the Live SHINE plugin action button on the plugin bar to invoke the plugin.
4) You should now see the plugin’s interface. As we are currently testing the plugin, only a few users are allowed to use it. Thus, to be able to use it, you need to have a validated Google Account and be logged in with it. If your account was not validated, the interface will not show up. please contact us.
Posted in How To
Live SHINE was implemented as plugin extension to Google Chrome. It should run in any version above 50. In this post, we present the steps to install the plugin.
1) Run Chrome. Access chrome://extensions by type this URL in the address bar. This will open the Extensions page in a new Tab.
2) On this page, make sure that the “Developer mode” is checked.
3) Locate the “LiveShine.crx” in you filesystem and drag it to the Extensions page.
4) Confirm that you want to install the Live SHINE plugin by clicking the “Add extension” button. The plugin should be now installed.
5) Browse through the Extensions page looking for the installed Live SHINE plugin. Make sure it is marked as “Enabled”.
6) The Live SHINE action button should now show up in your browser’s Extension bar.